Scotch Broom

"Do you want to go out?"
"I don't know. Do you?"
"What do you want to eat?"
"I don't know. What do you want to eat?"
"I don't know."

If you were a fly on the wall, this is the conversation you would have heard at my house this evening.

My husband and I wanted to do something (but weren't sure what) and we wanted to eat (but we weren't sure where). Finally, I narrowed it down to this: I wanted to drive with the top down in our little Geo Metro convertible and eat pho, but not at a restaurant. So, we picked some up and took it to a local picnic area. Problem solved.

Then, we took a drive with the top down and the heat turned up, listening to the radio. It was perfect.

Near the end of our drive, I saw a patch of scotch broom (which is a rather horrible plant for those with allergies, but also happens to be a cheerful yellow color).

I said: "We should take pictures there."
He said: "Really?"
I said: "Yes."

And that led to the following photos (as well as a ruined pair of skinny jeans - my only ones! - which decided to split down the middle as I laid down to take a photo. Message received, pants. Message received). ScotchBroomGeo 13 ScotchBroomGeo 22 ScotchBroomGeo 24 ScotchBroomGeo 16 ScotchBroomGeo 27 ScotchBroomGeo 17

1 comment: