So Long, Summer + Gratitude

The past three months have been crazy-amazing-insightful. I can't think of any other way to describe this summer.

I photographed 5 1/2 weddings (that half represents one elopement party), one engagement session, one grad session, 8 family sessions and one maternity session... in my spare time.

If you didn't know this before, you know now. I have a day job. And I really like it. It's steady and geeky and comfortable.

And photography is not necessarily steady. It is artsy. And it scares me in the sense that it continually pushes me out of my comfort zone.

But, I put myself out there... and some amazing things happened. I captured some of my very favorite photos, met great people and learned so, so, so much.

And now, after that rambling, I'd like to express my gratitude.

I couldn't have gotten through the craziness of this summer without my amazing husband. He drove me to quite a few of those sessions, plugged in my camera batteries the night before and shared his thoughts as I researched business practices.

My talented second-shooters supported me when I needed it the most and lent me their creativity - Elli of Nostalgia Photographics and Cassie with CLK Photography. And special thanks go to Mariah of Mariah Lindsey Photography, who helped me out when I was in a bind. Carly of Carly Bish Photography gave me some powerful insight and responded to at least one, but possibly more, verbose emails.

Most of all, I am exceedingly thankful to the families and couples that chose me to capture a special time in their lives, whether the growth of their children or the day that they joined their lives in marriage. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. And to the clients that spread the word to their friends and families, resulting in more word-of-mouth advertising than I ever expected... I am so grateful.

So, goodbye Summer. You were great. And I can't wait to see what you have in store for next year.

A few behind-the-scenes phone shots from this summer


No comments:

Post a Comment